SpamAssassin at SMTP time with exim

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Wed May 8 10:14:39 PDT 2002

>> I believe that spamcop lets you do this.
>
> TDMA [sic] is actually what you are looking for.

I looked at TMDA, and it's the one that assumes the MUA and MTA are the
same host, and that the user is sitting in front of it.  It's not easily
remotely controllable, and I didn't want to expend the effort to add this
to it.

> I could envision spamassassin giving mails to TDMA though:
> "I don't require confirmation usually, but this mail looks like spam.
> Please do foo to make sure I read it"

That sounds like a reasonable approach.  False positives would then have a
sporting chance of fixing themselves.  Of course, if you autoreply to all
spam, it increases the traffic on the network, and confirms your address as
deliverable, so while this may solve my personal problem, it doesn't scale
at all well.