SpamAssassin at SMTP time with exim

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue May 7 22:06:15 PDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002 15:44:19 -0700
Danny Howard <dannyman at toldme.com> wrote:

> I think the ultimate solution will be for anyone who receives
> unfiltered spam to tag its characteristics in to a distributed
> network, which can constantly tune the criteria used to determine a
> messages spamminess.  The first versions of this strategy already
> exist, I believe.  Vipul's Razor?

1) SpamAssassiin can auto-submit to Vipuls' Razor

2) Vipul's Razor has a painfully high false positive rate here

3) A significant percentage of the SPAM I receive now is mail merged (my
address in the To:, name or address in the message body, etc -- not
susceptible to Vipul as the hashed vary.

--
J C Lawrence