lists

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Sat Mar 30 00:20:51 PST 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 04:31:20PM -0800, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> Quoting joe bsd (joebsd1 at yahoo.com):
> > Have you guys ever considered creating a few lists for tech discussions?:
> > Linux      - Bazillions of lists
> > Windows    - Don't you have to be Certified to even talk about it?
> > Solaris    - Sun Managers.  It's great.
> > Mixed Platform
>
> I like going to Sun users for Sun information.  BayLISA people often
> can point me to Bay Area resources (like Wierd Stuff, a geek Mecca
> which I'd discovered by accident.  Only the fact that we went in a
> small car prevented my girlfriend from having to suffer some very
> large and goofy equipment :)

Can I get some bonus points?

http://yourmom.toldme.com/pix/2001/0206/IMG_0218.JPG

Taken in the parking lot of that store in Sunnyvale that sells
inexpensive used equipment on the cheap.  You know, next to the Subway?
I forget the name, but we crammed two 19" ViewSonic monitors, with
Motorolla property tags, and a full tower case and other goodies in to
my sub-compact hybrid car for the drive back to Mountain View.  The one
monitor just barely fit under the hatchback, and the other sat in my
friend's lap.  (Hey, I've seen Benjy post to this list! :)

ObTopic: Oh, yeah, what's that store called?

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/