Terminal services and Linux

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Fri Mar 29 12:23:35 PST 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 12:00:54PM -0800, joe bsd wrote:
> It is certainly great to have a list with so many experts
> like baylisa at baylisa.org.
>
> But on the Baylisa home page, it states the purpose of
> this list as follows:
>
> "This is the general mailing list for BayLISA activities."
>
> Maybe that should be broadened a little bit or a technical
> discussion list formed.  Maybe I'm only pointing this out
> because of the way I got hammered by a few members for
> bringing up employment related issues on baylisa lists.
>
> Just my two cents.

Uhmmm, yeah, might I offer "Me too?"

I don't filter this list because I like to receive reminder announcements
of meeting in my inbox.  Mailing lists chartered for technical,
sysadmin-related discussions go to their own respective folders.

So, taking a cue from Joe, could we either adhere to the existing
charter, amend the existing charter, and thus our respective mail
filters, or spin off a seperate list or two for jobs postings and shop
talk?

:)

-danny

--