Sun Netra jumpstart issue

Hal Pomeranz hal at deer-run.com
Thu Mar 28 13:41:20 PST 2002

I'm attempting to jumpstart a Sun Netra X1 from the Solaris 8 (10/01)
image.  Running into a problem I've not seen before:

   Executing last command: boot net - install
   Boot device: /pci at 1f,0/ethernet at c  File and args: - install
   Using Onboard Transceiver - Link Up.
   2ae00
   Server IP address: 192.168.1.1
   Client IP address: 192.168.1.2
   Using Onboard Transceiver - Link Up.
   SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-11 64-bit
   Copyright 1983-2001 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
   Cannot load drivers for /pci at 1f,0/ethernet at c
   Can't load the root filesystem
   Type  'go' to resume
   ok

My read on this is that it's loading the kernel but can't find the
drivers for the Netra's ethernet device (and therefore can't get the
rest of the root file system via NFS).  This would lead me to believe
my jumpstart image needs a patch of some sort from Sun to include
this driver.

Any clues from anybody on this?

Hal Pomeranz, Founder/CEO       Deer Run Associates       hal at deer-run.com
     Network Connectivity and Security, Systems Management, Training