Majordomo doesn't recognize MIME

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Mar 14 09:44:56 PST 2002

> Thanks Heather!
>
> Rick, is everything working out now?
>
> *S*

Hmm, someone sent me a private note whining about me answering this.
Essentially they mope that we should have sent him packing to his helpdesk.

To which I say, anywhere that the behavior of sending encoded-mail to a
plaintext venue can be squished, the better.  Adding *why* maillists would
be a plaintext venue, I feel might have been useful to one of us out there
whenever fielding the same question - even on their own internal helpdesk.
This is a question I would have answered for free anywhere, even being
interrupted in the break-room or something.

Rick, if you need more general help getting up to speed with UNIX matters
I can point you at the local user groups listings, BALE and BABE:
	http://www.linuxmafia.com/bale/
	http://www.svbug.com/babe/

Now, back to sysadmin matters:  my antispam "attachment detectors" are
catching a bumper crop of viral/trojan attachments this week, one claiming
to be an update from Microsoft.  People with gulible end-users, please be
wary...

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078