Majordomo doesn't recognize MIME

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Wed Mar 13 23:12:34 PST 2002

> Folks,
>
> Would someone like to explain this issue to Rick, please?
>
> Stewart

It's one of the FAQ at http://www.linuxgazette.com/

We get people trying to send us email in plaintext+HTML all the time;
most of the answerfolk there refuse to answer such messages, but the more
kindly of us pass them the link.

Mail list servers should not be expected to handle MIME encoded attachments
during administrivia handling - it's too much of an obvious place to find
serious processing bugs that may lead to either root or mail-admin exploits.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078