Mixed Network - single authentication (revisited)

Daniel Curry dcurry at cariocas.com
Fri Mar 1 12:05:06 PST 2002

I have a mixed network of win-whatever systems and linux/unix
development systems and servers.  I currently have an ADC and a Linux
OpenLDAP server cross authenticating via Kerberos.  The windows systems
authenticate against the ADC, as do the Linux/Unix systems, via the
OpenLDAP server.  At least all this is working in my 'lab' of 5
machines.  Here is the question I have no idea how to answer, yet.   I
want to drop the Kerberos link, and have all systems authenticate
against the LDAP server.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do
this?  Will Exchange run its mailbox authentication requests against the
LDAP server?  Or just against the ADC?

Thanks for any advise or suggestions.

Daniel Curry
IT Manager