Shell account testimonials?

David Alban extasia at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 5 15:38:51 PDT 2002

Greetings!

I'm looking for a second ISP account for myself (for redundancy).
Can anyone give a testimonial for a provider that:

  . Provides a shell account
  . Has gcc, perl, sshd, and ssh/scp
  . Has local bay area 56k dialups (I don't need a high speed
    connection for this)

I can get by with minimal disk space and have no webspace
requirements for this.

I know I can google for providers, but I'm interested in your
experiences with providers.  For example:

  I have Ultra Mega Access and they are clueful and reliable.

Or:

  I had Connections R Us once and would recommend you avoid them
  because...

Thanks!
David
--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.