a bit of lovely news about spam in California

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Fri Jan 4 21:22:18 PST 2002

> > To that end, I am working on a glimmer of an idea....  :-}
>
> A Nobel Prize in Economics awaits the person who solves this one, IMO.  Go
> for it.

Hmmm,  I think we have a replacement for that old final-exam joke, you know,
the PhD graduation exam from World's Toughest U, for economics.

Although I'd probably rather replace the "wild bull elephant will be let
into the room" with ravening spammer, and have the disassembled elephant
rifle have its way with the fellow.  Hmm, I like to convert the heathens
though, if possible.  Such tough ethics decisions.

But while we're on antispam I have an interesting question - what are your
preferred methods of proving-beyond-shadow-of-a-doubt to Pointy Haired Boss
types, that a given site is *not* an open relay / spambait?  And are your
answers any dif't for internal "bossberts" vs external troublemakers?

-* Heather Stern * Starshine Technical Services * star at starshine.org *-