Redhat install question

Alberto Begliomini aub at coldstone.com
Mon Feb 4 15:14:28 PST 2002

I have a laptop that it is already running Redhat 7.0, and on which I
want to install 7.2 via the PCMCIA this time, instead of using the
CDROM. I downloaded the pcmcia.img and pcmciadd.img for the Redhat web
site and  copied on two diskettes. This laptop is using a 3COM
3CCFEM556B PCMCIA card.

The laptop boots fine from the diskette containing the pcmcia.img; then
when it asks to insert the second diskette containing the PCMCIA
drivers, it freezes with the message "Initialiazing PC Card Devices".

I have browsed Google left and right, checked a dozen or so mailing
lists,asked people on IRC. Nothing. I found very few messages on Google
of people  experiencing the same problem, but with no resolution.

And yes, I recreated those diskettes at least a couple of times on
different diskettes, and I also took the images from the 7.2 CDROM
instead of the Redhat web site the second time... just in case.

Any idea folks?

Alberto Begliomini                              Email: aub at coldstone.com
Coldstone Consulting, LLC                       Phone: 650-654-5938
Security, Systems and Networks Administration   Fax:   650-631-8722