BayLISA tomorrow, Dec 19, 7:30 pm

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Wed Dec 18 17:52:34 PST 2002

If you're an interrupt-driven soul like me then you might enjoy this reminder
that BayLISA is meeting tomorrow....

...the third Thursday of the month, so if you're reading this on Thursday
that'd be tonight :D

For Those Who Don't Read Subject Lines . . . . . . . .
	BayLISA, the Bay Area Large Installation System Administrators
	December 19, Thursday
	officially starting at 7:30 pm

Where . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
	10500 N. De Anza Blvd.    Cupertino.

This is our first meeting at the new site . . . . . . .
	...so leave early if you think you may get lost.  Our meeting host
	is planning to be there extra early this time to let people in ahead
	of time.

	After driving by the area to make sense of them, I updated the
	website directions.   http://www.baylisa.org/locations/current.html

	For anyone using map engines, please doublecheck that it puts your
	mark NORTH of Stevens Creek, and not by very far, either (a couple
	of lights, in driving it).  The "S.De Anza" mark wouldn't be terribly
	close to Apple.

Short But Cool . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
	* Jobseeking and Certifications - Vicki Bennett, an area recruiter
	* Am I Hot Or Not is still hot, and making money now too.
	* Using PXE for workstation autoinstalls of Linux - Jim Dennis
	* Knoppix, a workstation in your pocket - Heather Stern
	...  and probably a few more, presented by the sysadmins of
	the BayLISA community.

Sysadmin War Stories . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
	Bring your tales of strange things that go blink in the night :)
	Oops, it's not Halloween, it's our network room.  Tell us about
	the strange, wacky and possibly painful things that have happened
	to you and yours (your computers that is) this year.  Best telling
	gets a prize.  BOFH's can bring out their holiday spirit, but we
	want real events please.

New Members Are Always Welcome . . . . . . . . . . . .
	I'm advised that following the membership form submission on the
	website really does offer paypal payment near the end if you like;
	if you don't like, just bring your checkbook along to the meeting
	to finish the process.

	Corporations can be members at either of two levels, we have discounts
	for students, and membership in BayLISA, besides being a cool way to
	make sure we get fun speakers for the main part of the year, is a
	nice thing to note on your resume'.

	This is an especially good month to invite someone who may not be
	sure if they'd fit in to come on by and enjoy meeting with us as
	individuals.  Our meetings are free and open to the public.

	I was asked, so I mention - yes, outside food and drink are fine.
	We're planning on bringing a snack spread and sodas as usual.
	Please try to be neat.  Thanks in advance.

A bunch of us like to go out afterwards for some sort of dinner, drinks
and more conversation at one of the local latenight restaurants.

-* Heather Stern * Arch (secretary) BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-