c'mere Junior

jhoney at flash.net jhoney at flash.net
Fri Apr 19 09:28:41 PDT 2002

Is it me or does this seem like a misappropriation of the term 'Junior'?
 Seems more like a way to make it very clear to an applicant that we
expect a lot from you but we won't pay for it.

++++++++

Junior Network Administrator

Who we are: One of the world's leading computer training companies that
offer computer-based training for corporate sponsored individuals and
groups. We can offer excellent benefits, salary and a pleasant, yet
fast-paced working environment.

Who you are: NT 4.0 MCSE with at least 2 years of practical experience
in a production environment. Customer-service oriented and a can-do
attitude. The responsibilities cover back office desk-side computer
support, computer network administration (NT4.0 & W2K), email server
administration (Exchange 5.5), enterprise network security, anti-virus
program administration (Norton), backup software administration
(Veritas), firewall administration and VPN, web server administration
(IIS 5) as well as low-level web development for specific company
related projects.

The bulk of duties involve the operationally critical task of preparing
and maintaining seven classrooms. Candidate must have in-depth
understanding of TCPIP, DNS, and HTML. Familiarity with Norton Ghost,
NOVELL, LINUX and SQL very helpful.

Submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements for
immediate consideration to employment at xxxxxxxxxx. We are looking to fill
this position as soon as possible and interviews will be scheduled
immediately.