Solaris boot question

Hal Pomeranz hal at deer-run.com
Thu Dec 27 13:32:56 PST 2001

I have an old Ultra1 that has a 10Mbit le0 interface on the motherboard
and a 100Mbit hme0 interface on an SBUS card.  I would like to jumpstart
the machine off of its hme0 interface rather than the default le0.

I realize that this is going to require my figuring out the device path for
the hme0 interface so that I can change the devalias for the "net" boot
device.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to figure out the correct device
path -- i.e., the thing that looks like /sbus/ledma at e,8400010/le at e,8c00000
(which is the device path for the le0 interface).

Any ideas folks?

Hal Pomeranz, Founder/CEO       Deer Run Associates       hal at deer-run.com
     Network Connectivity and Security, Systems Management, Training