Cable tags/labels summary

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 14 16:52:43 PST 2001

A poster wrote:

> I was asked to summarize the responses to my cable label/tag inquiry,
> so here they are:

This is not a complaint, and please don't take offence, but:  Did anyone
else think immediately of Brad Templeton's classic "Dear Emily Postnews"
piece?

[...]
Q: I collected replies to an article I wrote, and now it's time to
summarize. What should I do?

A: Simply concatenate all the articles together into a big file and post
that. On Usenet, this is known as a summary. It lets people read all the
replies without annoying newsreaders getting in the way. Do the same
when summarizing a vote.