exim/courier-imap/ldap/horde:imp

Dave Liebreich pixiebob at bigfoot.com
Thu Dec 13 16:10:14 PST 2001

Since everyone is so chatty . .  .

I'm setting up a mail server for a non-profit organization (my daughter's
school), and have chosen to run the above combo on an openbsd box.

Well, try to run.  It's been a while since I had to do this kind of thing.

Anyone have some quick recipes to get the above packages talking nicely to
each other?

My rationale is as follows:

LDAP - easy to write simple apps to manage accounts and lists
Horde:IMP - web-based mail system I've heard good things about
Courier-IMAP - had to pick an IMAP server to hook up exim and IMP

Exim - I need to be able to restrict mail such that the kids can only
send mail to and receive mail from pre-approved addresses.  Exim appears to
support this better than sendmail, qmail, postfix, etc...

Thanks

-Dave