Opportunity for Usability Evaluation

Nicole Harrington nicole at webweaver.net
Mon Dec 10 15:29:08 PST 2001

 So.. Sys Admins without at least a bachlors degree are to stupid to eval the
product?  So they want to make sure "well educated" people can use their
product but not those who have many years of experience but no 4 year degree?
 So is the less educated product testing to come later?

Anyone else see a problem here?

> The minimum criteria for participation are:
>     * Bachelor's degree or greater

  Nicole

On 10-Dec-01 Kristyn Greenwood wrote:
> Hello, We have an opportunity that we think members of BayLisa would be
> interested in.  We will be conducting some usability evaluations of a
> web server product over the next couple of months and are looking for
> individuals with web administration experience to provide feedback on
> the product.
>
> The first usability evaluation will take place between in January. Each
> individual evaluation session will take about 4 hours. To thankyou for
> your participation you would receive a number of AMEX gift checks(like
> travelers cheques).  If you meet the criteria listed at the end ofthis
> email and you think you might be interested in participating,
> pleaserespond to this email with the following information.
>
>     Your name:
>     Your job title:
>     Your daytime phone number:
>
> We will then call you to determine whether you fit the user profile
> required for this study.
>
> The minimum criteria for participation are:
>
>     * Recently employed as a System Administrator or Database
>       Administrator with at least 2 years of experience
>     * Experience supporting a web site
>     * Bachelor's degree or greater
>     * Experience working with Solaris at least 1 year
>     * Previous Experience working with Web Servers & Application Servers
>       (BEA, Websphere, Netscape Server, JBoss, etc...)
>
> Thanks for your interest,
>
> Kristyn Greenwood
> Principal Usability Engineer
> Oracle Corporation
> kristyn.greenwood at oracle.com <mailto:kristyn.greenwood at oracle.com>

*******                |\ __ /|   (`\             *******
 *   *                 | o_o  |__  ) )             *   *
   *    Nicole Harrington | AKA Hodge Podge          *
  HomePage                      http://www.unixgirl.com/
  DangerMouse Site             http://www.dangermouse.org/
  Photography Site              http://www.deviantimages.com/

             **   Being Silent - Is Agreeing **
                            --
 We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.
     --Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.