Thoughts & questions about responsibility for network traffic

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sun Dec 2 08:47:34 PST 2001

David,

At the risk of pushing my own drugs....

Check out http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/

We take the burden off your shoulders on that front. A unified source
for domains that don't support:
	abuse@
	postmaster@
	Bad WHOIS contacts
	reject mail from <>

or IP networks with bad WHOIS contacts.

In other words, just about everything you're on about, ... well, so
are we. ;-)  and since <admin at rfc-ignorant.org> is listed as a
"SPAMFRIEND" (sigh), it'll accept messages from the folks who are
listed, so that they can get removed.

Also includes the necessary modified versions of dnsbl.m4 (to do
hostname-based checks versus the connecting-host), and a new rhsbl.m4
(to do hostname-based checks against the envelope-sender's-RHS).
(there's also info for users of other MTA's, but I know nothing about
them and make no guarantees. ;-)

Submitted for the commentary of the esteemed comrades, since we're on
this topic...

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Thou art the ruins of the noblest man  |
|  Derek J. Balling   |  That ever lived in the tide of times.  |
|                     |  Woe to the hand that shed this costly  |
|                     |  blood" - Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 1  |